Manastone/Guise/Etc

Enter at your own risk.
Xambus

Re: Manastone/Guise/Etc

Post by Xambus » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:09 pm

Antimatter wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:04 pm
I think my spells keep nuking the guise off of the assassin loot table
Yeah the trick is to melee it to death, hand 3 Iron Rations at 30% health, emote hug 7 times, have cleric complete heal back to full, have Necro charm Assassin and kill 8 Minataurs, and then kill it with Mage nukes to unlock Guise.

jilena

Post by jilena » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:53 pm

I tried showing him some ogre boobs but no luck : (
jezebel - enchanter/minx - cleric

moloka

Post by moloka » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:52 am

Desideratum wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:19 pm
The amount of hysteria over this handful of items is just mind-boggling. Each reply is getting more and more snippy and passive aggressive, and it's exhausting seeing it in General Chat every day as well as here.
I'm not real concerned about what items are dropping and what items aren't myself. But to sit there and condemn someone who does is pretty obnoxious honestly. What if they want these items. What if their sole purpose to reliving their EQ experience was to get items they couldn't get before because they didn't know where or how to obtain them. I never had a manastone on live. Had a friend who did, got to use it, and I was really jealous he had one. So I can see the allure of wanting to obtain one for yourself. My guild leader had 1 of 4 gnome illusion masks on our live server. I wanted it, but could never have it. If I had the chance to do things over again I might try and get one.

Taking that away from someone is taking away the very reason they may still be playing and reliving this experience(I.E. the entire premise and reason for these servers/games). I don't think it's too much to ask if it's dropping as intended or if it's going to be changed. Basically what he's asking is am I wasting days and days of my life camping this and should I move on and wait for later. If the item is important to him then he knows what he needs to do if he is given the right information. That's all he's asking for.

Desideratum

Post by Desideratum » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:23 pm

moloka wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:52 am
Desideratum wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:19 pm
The amount of hysteria over this handful of items is just mind-boggling. Each reply is getting more and more snippy and passive aggressive, and it's exhausting seeing it in General Chat every day as well as here.
I'm not real concerned about what items are dropping and what items aren't myself. But to sit there and condemn someone who does is pretty obnoxious honestly. What if they want these items. What if their sole purpose to reliving their EQ experience was to get items they couldn't get before because they didn't know where or how to obtain them. I never had a manastone on live. Had a friend who did, got to use it, and I was really jealous he had one. So I can see the allure of wanting to obtain one for yourself. My guild leader had 1 of 4 gnome illusion masks on our live server. I wanted it, but could never have it. If I had the chance to do things over again I might try and get one.

Taking that away from someone is taking away the very reason they may still be playing and reliving this experience(I.E. the entire premise and reason for these servers/games). I don't think it's too much to ask if it's dropping as intended or if it's going to be changed. Basically what he's asking is am I wasting days and days of my life camping this and should I move on and wait for later. If the item is important to him then he knows what he needs to do if he is given the right information. That's all he's asking for.
I mean, context is important. Like I said, hearing about it EVERY DAY, which we were at the time, is exhausting and highly obnoxious. If you want the items, great. If you want clarification, also fine. I would just prefer to not have it be the only topic of conversation (which it hasn't been for a while, so it's fine).

randome

Post by randome » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:25 am

You list mana stone/guise as features of the server but from the sound of it they have been altered to the point of never dropping. I joined p99 way after these items stopped dropping and didn't even know these type of "legacy items" were a thing until then. As someone on the edge of deciding to play on this server or not, I find it a pretty big disappointment. I definitely don't wan't them handed to me, I would prefer they were just left classic. I am also not a fan of not having to wait for boats it kills a large portion of the transportation eco/system. Since I am going, ingame maps, two boxing, faster regen... don't like any of this... eq classic made slightly easier, It really sounds no different from a live progression server. I will probably stay with p99 for now.

Orukal

Post by Orukal » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:34 pm

randome wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:25 am
I would prefer they were just left classic. I am also not a fan of not having to wait for boats it kills a large portion of the transportation eco/system.
Waiting for a boat is Classic.
Hraefn of Zebuxoruk, Cleric of EQ Reborn.
Orukal, Ranger and Warden of the Karanas.
Gravel, walking tall and carrying a big stick.

Awes

Post by Awes » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Manastone different story, but everyone and their sister has a guise by now.

Jarroll

Post by Jarroll » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:10 am

Awes wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:01 pm
Manastone different story, but everyone and their sister has a guise by now.
My wife and I usually play in 1-2 hour chunks. We actually were able to get the ass/sup camp the other day for 3-4 cycles. We aren't really after the guise, but it was kindof neat to get a real camp for a change.

JazzyJ

Post by JazzyJ » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:22 am

Guise is regularly open for business

Makes me wonder where all this doom mongering comes from re: guise

As for manastone, jez says it hasnt dropped in weeks but only rain can clear that one up

Awes

Post by Awes » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:20 am

I know of two people calling a manastone their own, but I can't tell when and how they got it.