We’ve tailored EQ Reborn to the classic era. In order to play on EQ Reborn, you’ll need:
- To read our server rules.
- An installed copy of EQ Rain of Fear 2 (ROF2) – no other clients are supported.
- To download and install the EQ Reborn Files Pack which will enable you to play.
- An EQ Emulator Server Account.
- To join on us on Discord (optional, but recommended).
The following directions will get you set up and running quickly, in the game!
1. Read the Rules:
First start by reading the rules here. Following the rules is required. Failure to comply may result in a suspension, ban, or termination of your account.
2. Download and install EQ ROF2 client (available on the internet):
- Download EQ ROF2 client from some source.
- Unzip client to desired installation directory.
- Right Click on eqgame.exe -> Send To -> Desktop (create shortcut)
a. Do not launch or you must reload from clean files!
- Click on shortcut and select properties.
- In Target, add ” patchme” (without quotations) to the end of the line.
3. Download and install the EQ Reborn Files Pack:
Option 1 – Use the EQ Reborn Patcher (Highly Recommended):
- Download the Patcher.
- Extract it to a directory and then run it, selecting your EQ ROF2 installation directory.
- Select whether you would like classic or new models.
* A sincere thank you to Ditz for creating the patcher.
Option 2 – Download and Install the Files:
- Download the EQ Reborn Files Pack.
- Remove the following files:
- Replace with the files from EQ Reborn Files Pack.
4. Setup EQ Emulator Server Account:
EQ Emulator leverages two accounts; a forum account and a server account. Registering for a forum account is required in order to get a server account. Follow the following steps to setup your accounts. If you have previously registered for an EQ Emulator server account, it will work on this server.
- Create Your EQ Emulator Forum Account:
- Click here to register your forum account.
- Create a forum account.
- Accept confirmation in your email from eqemulator.org.
- Create your EQ Emulator Server Account:
- Click here or on the Login Server Page (located under Miscellaneous in your UserCP)
- Fill out the fields and proceed.
5. Join Discord (Optional):
6. Logging into the Server:
- Log into Everquest with your server account.
- Click on EQ Reborn and Play Everquest.
- Create your character and log in.